Saturday, December 18, 2010

LOST/FOUND TUNE

Hello.
Here is something that people out there may not have.
A few years ago me and Dave started meet up again for drinks and chats about music and shite.
He'd been asked to do a remix for an american band called The Baldwin Bros I think??? Can't remember now.
Anyway me and Martin put together some music, sampling heavily from a Marvin tune and Dave did some vocals.
We really had to coax a spoken verse out of him as he wanted to sing all the way through. I think both styles work well on the tune.
The beat I did is pretty crap, trying too hard to be Dr Dre ending up with a bit of a clunker. Martin plays some amazing keyboards on it though.
When the tune got released the band pretty much claimed it as their own, me and martin didn't even get a mention. So that's it why I don't feel bad about giving it you now for FREE.
See what you think of it
Cheers.
Phil

1 comment: